Mid Atlantic Pom & Dance Association
An ensemble of footwork and kick sequences used to create visual effects and interpret a musical arrangement.
- The performance must include at least 65 kicks that are quarter-kicks or higher and continue throughout the entire routine.
- NOTE: A prep or tendu is NOT considered a kick.
- A routine with less than 65 acceptable kicks will result in 3-pt penalty
Variety of Elements can be achieved by the following:
- Kick Heights
- Type of Kick
- Kick Directions
- Kick Groups (individualized, small or whole team)
- Tiered Kicks
Difficulty of Elements can be achieved by the following:
- Advancing the type of kick
- (straight, corner, across/behind the body, fan kick)
- Increasing the height of the kick
- Changing the direction of the kick
- Incorporating heads and hook-ups
- Changing the tempo of kicks
- Increasing the number of kicks within a sequence
- Combining types of kicks within a sequence
- Increasing the number of performers executing a kick sequence
- Traveling while kicking
Creativity is Defined as the following:
- The extent to which basic kick moves, combinations and visual effects are used in unusual ways.
- Consider how "old" kick sequences may be revamped in an interesting "new" way or debut a totally different concept or visual effect.